DEEP TECH STARTUP COMPETITION:
Deep Tech Startup Competition is established as a possibility to foster innovations of early stage deep tech startups. The main goal is to empower entrepreneurs who are willing to develop excellent scientific achievements and bring them to the market.
Deep Tech Startup Competition will be held within the framework of the practical conference and a workshop on deep tech entrepreneurship Magnetic Latvia Technology Conference “Deep Tech Atelier”, in Riga, Latvia, on the 12th and 13th of April organized by Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) and Commercialization Reactor.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Deep tech startups;
- Early stage investors;
- Companies interested in being potential industrial partners of deep tech startups.
WHICH STARTUPS QUALIFY?
- Deep tech, meaning that there is intellectual property-rich science or engineering behind the project;
- Early stage (before sales or sales just started);
- B2B solution;
- The team should contain scientist/-s and entrepreneur/-s;
- Lab scale prototype (science finished, TRL 3-4 and above);
- The business idea has potential;
- A legal entity is not necessary.
DEADLINES FOR DEEP TECH STARTUPS:
22.03.2019 – Startup registration deadline
29.03.2019 – Semi-finalists are defined.
12.04.2019 – Semi-finalists present to the Deep Tech Startup Competition jury. Finalists announced.
13.04.2019 – Finalists present to the Deep Tech Startup Competition jury. Award ceremony.
REQUIREMENTS TO PRESENTATIONS IN SEMI-FINAL AND FINALS:
The selected startups for the Startup Competition will prepare presentation, which should contain the following:
- Intro page;
- Description of problem and business solution;
- Market and competitors;
- Investment needs.
- Semi-finals: max. 4-minute-long pitch, followed by a 3-minute Q&A session;
- Finals: 4-minute-long pitch.
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATING THE DEEP TECH STARTUPS:
- Uniqueness of the technology
- Team capabilities
- Project scalability
- Business model and marketing approach
- Competitive advantage
See full Deep Tech Startup Competition Regulations HERE.
JURY: accelerators/smart or early stage investors and industry representatives.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR STARTUPS?
Semi finalists will be:
- Pitching to international and national accelerators, investors, media and corporations,
- Granted the place in pre-acceleration program of Commercialization Reactor Fund.
Finalists will have an opportunity to obtain:
- 2 all-inclusive trips to Schaeffler 3rd Venture Forum on September 17, 2019, Germany from Schaeffler AG.
- Participation in Phase 1 Acceleration Program of EIT RawMaterials (subject to compliance with EIT criteria).
- 10,000 EUR pre-seed investment from the Commercialization Reactor Fund, including a 3-month acceleration program, with the possibility of obtaining a further 40,000 EUR of pre-seed investment, and up to 250,000 EUR seed investment
- More to be announced…
VENUE: RISEBA Architecture and Media Centre H2O6, 4 Durbes street, Riga, Latvia.
Participation is free of charge but registration is mandatory. Apply for competition HERE!
BECOME THE NEXT UNICORN!
Phone: +371 67039454