DEEP-TECH START-UP COMPETITION:
The Deep-Tech Start-up Competition is established as a possibility to foster innovations of early stage deep tech start-ups. The main goal is to empower entrepreneurs who are willing to develop excellent scientific achievements and bring them to the market.
Deep-Tech Start-up Competition will be held within the framework of the practical conference and a workshop on deep tech entrepreneurship Magnetic Latvia Technology Conference “Deep Tech Atelier”, in Riga, Latvia, on the 13th and 14th of April. Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) and Commercialization Reactor are the team behind this first-of-a-kind event.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Deep-tech start-ups;
- Early stage investors;
- Companies interested in being potential industrial partners of deep-tech start-ups.
WHICH START-UPS QUALIFY:
- Deep tech, meaning that there is intellectual property-rich science or engineering behind the project;
- Early stage (before sales);
- B2B solution;
- The team should contain scientist/-s and entrepreneur/-s;
- Lab scale prototype (science finished, TRL 3-4 and above);
- The business idea has potential;
- A legal entity is not necessary.
DEADLINES FOR DEEP-TECH START-UPS:
04.04.2018 – Start-up registration deadline.
07.04.2018 – Semi-finalists are announced. Only deep-tech start-ups selected for semi-finals will be informed via e-mail.
13.04.2018 – Semi-finalists present to the Deep-Tech Start-up competition jury. Finalists announced.
14.04.2018 – Finalists present to the Deep-Tech Start-up competition jury. Award ceremony.
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATING THE PRESENTATIONS OF DEEP-TECH START-UPS:
- Team capabilities;
- Project scalability;
- Business and marketing approach;
- Uniqueness of the technology;
- Semi-finals: max. 4-minute-long pitch, followed by a 3-minute Q&A session;
- Finals: 4-minute-long pitch.
JURY: accelerators/smart or early stage investors and industry representatives.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR START-UPS?
Opportunity to obtain:
- 2 all-inclusive trips to Schaeffler Venture Forum on September 18&19, 2018 in Herzogenaurach, Germany from Schaeffler AG.
- 10,000 EUR pre-seed investment from the Commercialization Reactor Fund, including a 3-month acceleration program, with the possibility of obtaining a further 40,000 EUR of pre-seed investment, and up to 250,000 EUR seed investment.
- Investment opportunities with the Latvian Business Angel Network.
- A week-long immersion tour of Silicon Valley by ABC Accelerator Silicon Valley.
VENUE: Conference centre at Radisson Blu Latvija Hotel, Elizabetes street 55, Riga, Latvia.
Participation is free of charge but registration is mandatory!
BECOME NEXT UNICORN!
Phone: +371 67039454